The Washington-Baltimore News Guild is the home for journalists, digital and nonprofit staff across the mid-Atlantic region. Our roots are in Washington, DC and Baltimore, but our membership extends across the country.
1) We’ll have your back. Our staff is some of the best in the business and will be available to your unit to make your union stronger.
2) Contracts matter. The Guild has a track record of negotiating strong contracts that fit the needs of our wide-range of units.
3) Members drive the Guild. WBNG is a grassroots union that makes all of our decisions based on the will of the membership. As a member, your say counts and you can make a difference in our Local.
4) Strength. Through our parent union, CWA, we have access to resources to make strengthen all of our efforts. From bargaining, to organizing, we’ve got what it takes to win.
5) We’re all in this together. Newsroom, sales, communications, fundraising, coding, research, WBNG is our union and has a place for all of us, no matter what our job duties or department is. Our bosses may look different, but our struggles are often the same across sectors and workplaces. When we come together, we all benefit.