Present: Elise Bryant, Hau Chu, Steve Cook, Ben Cooper, Lillyanne Daigle, Scott Dance, David DeJesus, Lydia Ealey, Tim Fitzgerald, Ed Fortney, Don Griesheimer, Mark Gruenberg, Fatima Hussein, Hassan Kanu, Marissa Lang, Katie Mettler, Justin Moyer, Sam Nelson, Bryan Nelson, Mark Pattison, Ben Soloway, Jeremy Sprinkle, Michelle Wang
Staff & Guests: Rick Ehrmann, Cet Parks
February 20, 2019
- Dave DeJesus motions to approve motions to approve and seconded by Justin Moyer. Motion Passes.
Summary of Financial Highlights – as of January 19, 2019
- Cet Park provides top line summary of January 2019 financials.
- Treasurer expresses concern of high spending trend and urges caution, President requests consideration of a budget committee at next EC meeting. Further discussion on external organizing’s impact on the budget.
- Mark Gruenberg motions to approve, seconded by Dan Griesheimer. Motion Passes.
FY 18 Audited Financial Statements – Bill Monroe
- Deferred until next meeting
Bob Paul Invoice – January and February 2019
- No action required.
III. Membership Report & Stats
- Dan Griesheimer request correction to listing of ANA members in good standing/pending agency fee payer status.
- Jason Moyer motions to approve, seconded by Dan Griesheimer. Motion passes to approve Membership Report.
IV. Executive Director’s Report & Staff
- Working America – request EC approval for Nora Langan to replace Ryan Mariategue on the bargaining committee. Don Griesheimer motions to approve, seconded by Elise Bryant. Motion Passes.
- York Daily Record – request approval of bargaining committee (Dylan Segalbaum, Jasmine Vaughn and John Buffone). Sam Nelson motions to approve, seconded by Don Griesheimer. Motion Passes.
- CKPSU – request retroactive authority to arbitrate Heather Thompson management dispute. Mark Gruenberg motions to approve, seconded by Don Griesheimer. Motion Passes.
- UFCW – request retroactive authority to arbitrate on behalf of Conor Eubanks. Mark Gruenberg motions to approve, seconded by Jason Moyer. Motions Passes.
- UFCW – request retroactive authority to arbitrate on behalf of Albert Decall. Dave DeJesus motions to approve, seconded by Justin Moyer. Motion Passes.
- Advancement Project – Request authority to arbitrate AP contract wage dispute. Don Griesheimer motions to approve, seconded by Elise Bryant. Motion Passes.
- BBNA – request approval to arbitrate the suspension of Nadia Usaeva. Dave DeJesus motions to approve, seconded by Jason Moyer. Motion Passes.
- BBNA – request discretionary authority to arbitrate suspension of Wei-Kaung Wei. Sam Nelson motions to approve, seconded by Jason Moyer. Motions Passes.
- Revolution Messaging – request approval of Revolution Messaging initial contract. Don Griesheimer motions to approve, seconded by Elise Bryant. Motion passes.
V. Old Business
VI. New Business
- Mark Gruenberg moved, Justin Moyer seconds creating an Organizing Committee. The following members were nominated by the Chair: Fatima Hussein, Katie Mettler, Lillyanne Daigle, Latisha Harvey, Sam Nelson, Carolyn Steptoe.
- The following persons were nominated from the floor: Danielle Newsome, Jazmin Gargoum, Marissa Lang, Ben Soloway, Michelle Wang and Karma Zurkhang.
- Motion passes to establish the Organizing Committee and its nominated members.
- Justin Moyer moved and seconded by Sam Nelson to dissolve the old committee and create a new Bylaws Committee. The following members were nominated by the Chair: Sam Nelson (Chair), Justin Moyer, Katie Mettler, Mark Pattison and Ben Soloway.
- The following persons were nominated from the floor: Jeff Ball, Jazmin Gargoum, Joel Gratz, Peter Brusoe, Hau Chu, Tim Fitzgerald and Ben Cooper.
- Motion passes to establish the Bylaws Committee and its nominated members.
NEROP Solidarity Fund
- Justin Moyer motions to defer this discussion to a board poll, seconded by many. Motion passes.
Baltimore Guild Office
- Baltimore Sun has moved to new offices. Sun unit has requested a relocation of its offices to a location closer to the Baltimore Sun headquarters.
- Cost is approximately $200 more per month than the current office on Calvert Street,
- Additional discussion on short term vs. long term lease options. Jason Moyer motions to approve, seconded by Sam Nelson. Motion Passes to approve additional costs for new office space.
SIF Growth Fund Realignment Proposal
- Deferred until next meeting.
VII. Good & Welfare
- Ed Fortney and Christian Norton speak to the issue of effective communications with members using technology tools.
- After additional discussions, Steve Cook requests submitting a proposal addressing communications solutions at April 6 meeting.
- Elise motions and seconded by Ed Fortney, for Latisha Harvey and Christian Norton to discuss/present information about the Action Network, to be presented by board poll. Motion passes.
VIII. Personnel Caucus
- Deferred until next meeting
- Meeting adjourns at 9:26 PM. Next meeting on April 6, 2019 in Baltimore office.